From:
Liz Attanasio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:04:10 EDT

I want to share with you all a proud moment from a celiac mom.
My 10 yr old celiac daughter, Stephanie, had a school report to
do on a current health issue for social studies class.  She was
allowed to pick the topic and she chose celiac disease.  She
used Danna Korn's book "Kids with Celiac Disease" and Sully's
"Living Without" magazine as visual aids.  She explained what
celiac and gluten are and in which foods gluten is found.  I am
very proud of her for choosing this topic and having the confidence
at age 10 to talk about celiac disease on her own and in front of
teachers and classmates.  It's also a great way to spread the
word about celiac disease to the younger generation!!

Liz in AZ