From:
Debbie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:34:49 +0000

Dear Listmates,

I am experiencing some new difficulties and wondered if they might be
related to Celiac.  2 weeks ago I was traveling down a street that I am
very familiar with and suddenly slammed into the back of a pick up
truck.  Fortunantly no one was physically hurt.  My pride took a beating
but that will pass.  I wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
I cannot remember what happened right before the wreck.  It seems like a
black-out.  Yesterday I borrowed my mothers car (mine is being repaired)
to do a few things around town and this time, I felt myself getting a
little spacey.  I was with-in 2 blocks of my mother's office so I went
back and told her I felt it unsafe for me to be driving.  My mother
brought  me home and I slept for many hours.  It seems to me in the
past, I have read about other Celiacs having  similar experiences and am
wondering if any current list members that have had this problem and
what they did.  I have a wonderful Doctor but I live in a small town and
I don't believe my doc. is real educated in this field.  I am 37 years
old and giving up driving gives me the willies.  Have any of you had
this problem and what did you do about it.  I will summarize to the
list.

Debbie - Desperiate in Kansas