From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2011 10:52:53 -0400

I wrote to the Listserv a few weeks ago and here is the follow up.
History....The local supermarkets have started carrying a kiosk where Kim's Magic Pop makes a sort of pita bread-like product, under air pressure.  The noise and odor permeate the store. The bread or whatever it is, is not gf, and I was never planning to buy it.

I was more concerned about dust contamination in the air, because the unit in at least one of my "favorite" supermarkets is situated in very close proximity, to the fresh fish and produce sections, where food is exposed, and the special diet section, where I go to get gf products.  Since this thing shoots air out, under pressure...and you smell it across the store, I questioned the company and store owner about contamination. After several emails, I finally got this reply. The store owner said that this is actually a very small company, despite having very good marketing strategies...Magic Pops are all over the country, seemingly overnight. Got to give them credit. But I still hate the smell and will avoid them