From:
The Raleigh's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Raleigh's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:23:54 -0500

DATE AND TIME:
Friday, April 5, 2002
6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

PLACE:
Joker's
Warren Avenue
Portland, Maine

For driving directions, go to:
http://www.jokersfunandgames.com/directions.html

Joker’s will charge a discounted fee of $6.99 per child,  which includes
a Playhouse Bracelet, $3.00 in tokens, and refreshments.

Although the food served at Joker’s is not acceptable for the
gluten-free diet, the facility allows us to bring in our own gluten-free
goodies for the kids to enjoy.  We ask those attending to bring along
something to share among the children so that they have a variety of
things to sample.   Also, please write up the recipe (with your name on
it) for what you bring along so that we may include it in our next
newsletter.  Having the recipe available is also helpful for those
individuals who are sensitive to other foods to know what ingredients
were used to prepare the item.  Joker’s will provide soda, punch, or
water as beverages.

Joker’s will provide a section in the far rear left of the building for
our group to meet.   It will be set up with several tables and
chairs—-this is ideal not only to set out our gluten-free foods, but
also for the children to sit down to snack and for the parents to have
an informal meeting to share experiences and suggestions for raising our
celiac children.  If you have very small children, it is suggested that
one adult attend to supervise the child in the play area, while a parent
joins the adults in the discussion group.

For further information, please contact Nicole Richman at nrichman@
psouth.net or phone 787-4230.  We hope to see you there!