From:
Michelle Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:56:15 -0700

Hi Listmembers:
I decided to experiment last night and make some gluten free cookies for
my son.  The other non-gf members of our household couldn't tell the
difference.
Mix:
1 c. corn flour
1/2 c. white rice flour
1/2 whole bean romano flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
Cream in separate bowl for 30 seconds:
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. shortening ( I used butter flavour crisco, as my son is only
allergic to wheat, however, there may be some gluten products, that I'm
not aware of)
Add to cream mixture:
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
then beat in  2 eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. gluten free vanilla until fluffly
Beat in dry ingredients.  Mix in 2 c. chocolate chips
Drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake @ 375 F. for 8-10 minutes.
Makes about 72 (small) cookies.
Enjoy