From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:15:40 -0400

Our 17yr old celiac daughter has been doing very well on the SCD but the
last couple of months she has had a lot of stress, not much rest, and tried
dairy again (legal cheeses).   She has been constipated again for a while.
Every now and then she gets looser with gut pain.

The last two weeks she has had a little blood off and on when she wipes
after a bowel movement.  In the beginning, she had mucus once.  A couple of
questions --

1. Is there any way short of being scoped to figure out if this is from an
internal hemorrhoid rather than higher up in the intestine?

2. Is an occult blood test worth anything or will hemorrhoid bleeding come
up the same in a test?

3. When do you suspect Crohns or UC?

I don't want to go to our gastro and get railroaded into more than has to be
done but I want to have what she needs.

Paula in Pa

*******
*******