From:
Judi Muckley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:29:53 EST

I'm trying to plan ahead for my first GF Thanksgiving, and I'm having a hard
time finding recipes for Thanksgiving type foods. Does anyone have a recipe
for GF stuffing/dressing or GF pumpkin pie? Also, what about the turkey? Are
there frozen turkeys that are known to be GF, or is it best to buy a fresh
turkey? Please respond to me directly and I will summarize to the list.

On a side note, my husband and I went out to celebrate our 17th anniversary
last night. We went to a fancy restaurant, and I was very pleased that I was
able to order and eat a meal without any problems! We had shrimp cocktail as
an appetizer, and I skipped the salad and bread. Then we had steak and pan-
fried potatoes, which are kind of a cross between French-fries and potato
chips. I told the server that I was allergic to wheat and requested that no
flour be used in preparation. For dessert I had fresh berries with whipped
cream. I ate the whipped cream, and although I have been lactose intolerant,
it didn't bother me, so maybe I am finally turning the corner on that!

Judi Muckley