From:
Joan Beade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 17:42:13 -0400

Hi!
I have recently been clinically diagnosed with DH.  The dermatologist has
tried 2 attempts to biopsy my rash and for different reasons they have been
inconslusive.  However she feels that from my symptoms and the appearance of
the rash I do have DH.  I have been trying to be on a G.F. diet and with a
few mistakes made along the way the rash is getting better (after several
months with nothing helping).  My questions are:  Is the blood test done for
CD also valid for DH, and the fact that I've been on the diet now for about 6
weeks, will it still show positive results?   In others experience with DH
how long did it take for the rash to completely disappear?   And if you do
inadvertantly ingest something with gluten does the rash immediatlely return
or is it delayed or does it take a build up of gluten in your body?  My
doctor doesn't seem to know enough about this rash to answer these questions
to my satisfaction.
Any other insights anyone can offer about DH would be greatly appreciated.
 I've learned alot already from the list.  Thanks in advance!

Joan
Redmond, Washington