From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:04:31 -0600

Dear Listmembers,

Thanks to all who responded so quickly to my request for places to get GF
food for my daughter in San Diego.  I have contacted the managers of
Henry's, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods.  Between these three places, we
should have GF food coming out our ears.  Thanks again.

In the past seven months since diagnosis, I have conquered many a gluten
free obstacle.  One that still is a mystery is good (not gooey or soggy or
bland) pizza crust.  We tried and failed again the other day.  I have tried
two "mixes", one from the GF Pantry and one from the "Really Good Food
Company".  One of our problems is that we can not use eggs which most of
these call for.  I did try to substitute soft silken tofu for the egg, but
it came out too gooey.  If anyone has any suggestions, my daughter and I
would be eternally grateful.  She likes thin crust, but I think she would
take anything that resembles "regular pizza".

TIA
Bev Wahl in Chicago IL USA