From:
Beth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 16:29:28 -0400

Hello list members...
(I am sorry if this is redundant question - at the moment I have no
Internet access, so I cannot check the archives, but need to start
thinking about this information soon. I won't summarize to the list
unless the majority of people ask me to)
I wrote quite a few months ago asking about suggestions for what to do
about the wedding cake at my wedding, and got many good ideas.  Once
again, I am coming to all of your for your great ideas and hopefully some
recipes.
I have narrowed down the fact that I would like to make my own cake,
which has been cleared by the bakery that is making the rest of the
wedding cake; I also think that I would like to do it from scratch. (I
know - that is a lot of burden to put on myself right before my own
wedding, but I can always make it a week before and freeze it - that's
what the bakeries do!)
My question/request is this... Does anyone have a recipe for an easy
chocolate torte type cake that does not use nuts/nut flours or xanthan
gum? Both bother me a bit, and I decided not to "deal with it" when it
comes to my wedding day and stomach problems, no matter how minor they
may be.  This cake will be frosted with a not-too-sweet buttercream
frosting, just as will the rest of the cake. We will be keeping the cakes
separated, and do not want the whole cake to be GF.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!!

Beth in CT