From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:13:23 -0400

Dear all:

As we all know, rolling out our GF pizza doughs in the pizza pan is
not easy and we usually have to press the dough out flat by hand. My
pizza dough always came out uneven with thin and fat places and it
took me a while to get the dough spread out across the pan.

I have re-purposed a wallpaper smoother to be a great rolling pin!
The roller is about 1.5 inches wide and hinged only on one side. It's
easily held in the hand and rolls out the pizza dough in a pan
quickly and beautifully. It's then easy to "finish" the edges by hand
and we have pretty pizza dough! I had the "form" in my mind and
looked in hardware stores & departments until I found what I knew in
my mind would be a perfect GF pizza rolling pin. I found the one I
use at Walmart's paint department (US) and it was less than $2 US.
It's entirely plastic and machine washable. I bought two <G>. You
could also use this for pie crusts (I don't bake so I haven't used it
for anything but pizza!)

Best regards,
Anne Burton Washburn
Greensboro,NC