From:
Latimer Kells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:09:45 -0500

Hello, Everyone ...

I'm feeling much, much better after 4 months on a grain/gluten-free diet.
So much so that I'm beginning to think of returning to physical exercise.
In the recent past there have been times when just walking was effortful
for me.  I'm feeling stronger now, but I know that the last time I engaged
in physical exercise I was a WHOLE LOT stronger than I am now.  I have
truly come to understand that exercising IS a privilege after all this.

It would be so helpful for me to hear some encouraging stories regarding
life with physical exercise after celiac.  Any tips on how to pace myself
would also be appreciated.  I should say that right now I have a pulled
hamstring muscle -- not from exercising, but just from moving wrong, I
guess.  I've been getting some physical therapy since I learned of the
osteopenia, and I'm just so tight.  I try to stretch and do some yoga
asanas every day.  Has yoga been helpful for anyone?

By the way, I'm a woman (48 years old).  Feel I must clarify this because
you might not know that, given my first name. Thanks so much for any and
all responses.  I promise to summarize.

Latimer

---
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.