Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:18:06 -0700

At 01:51 AM 6/12/1999 EDT, Patrick Meyers wrote:

>Lactose intolerance cines in within 24 hours, sometimes within 1/2 hour.

Not always true. A half a teaspoon of milk will ruin three days for me, at
least. Though most can tolerate up to a half a glass without problems.
People are different.

>Lactose ingestion in an
>intolerant person does NOT cause damage to the villi.

On the other hand, someone here recently wrote that it did cause damage.

>Once a person is on the gf diet for a while
>(sometimes 6-12 months), he can tolerate lactose.

Again, not always. I've been GF for five years, one year quite carefully
and knowledgeably, and I still cannot tolerate even a small amount of
lactose. People react to lactose intolerance differently, just as celiacs
react differently.
-vance