From:
Joan McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:25:15 -0500

I went on my first cruise in January after being diagnosed with Celiac
Disease.  We went on NCL and I was so pleased with all they did to make my
trip safe and enjoyable.  My travel agent contacted NCL before my trip, on
arriving on board I met with the Maitre D'and gave him by GF Restaurant
Card.  We went over my first days menu, then every evening during dessert,
he presented me with the next days menus and we went over what I would like
to eat and how the chef could make it Gluten Free - It was wonderful!  I
would eat salads with safe dressing (They had Wishbone which is GF),
hamburgars (all beef-no fillers) fresh fruit, etc: and of course most of
their breakfasts were safe.  It was so great being able to eat and not have
to worry about anything!  I have the book "Against the Grain" at home and
they also listed Carnival as being accommodating.  I suggest you contact
your Travel Agent or Carnival.  I'm sure they will work with you.  The one
cruise line that I had heard that is not as flexible is Royal Carribean.  I
have no interest at all in NCL but cannot commend them enough for their
efforts!  I also commend American Airlines. I received GF meals both ways
and they were excellent!