From:
R. Robare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:08:09 -0500

I was diagnosed in August of this year, only symptom being anemic.
Celiac sprue confirmed through blood work, biopsy and scope.  After
being on the diet since August 12th and taking multivitamins and iron
supplement, my hemoglobin is only 9.4 (started out at 8something) and
hematocrit is below 30.  The improvement has been minimal.  I just
switched to Freeda gluten free vitamins about a week ago and the iron
supplement is Tinic 150 (probably spelled this incorrectly).  The only
recommendation the GI MD gave me was to continue supplements, take
ascorbic acid with the iron and come back in a month for more blood
work.  I don't see how taking additional ascorbic acid would improve
iron intake since I already take with multivitamin and many times orange
juice.  I don't eat for 1 hour after taking supplements.  Does anyone
have any recommendations?  I have been strict with my diet but am sure
some hidden glutens have occassionally snuck in as I learn the diet.

Thank you in advance for your help. Rita