Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 16:32:40 -0400

Some of you know me as a mom on a mission:  to sneak a lot of nutrition into
my kids' food.   I adapted this recipe from one printed recently in the
WahsingtonPost, from a cookbook by Weil and Daley.  The cookies are
delicious:  thick, moist and chewy like those from "gourmet" cookie shops.
and the baby rice cereal, ground almonds, soya powder and flaxseed meal make
them quite nutritous as well.  enjoy!  Lynn

Mock-Oatmeal Cookies        Shhhhh…..don’t tell the kids these are good for
you J.

Preheat oven to 350.

Beat together until smooth 1 C softened butter or margarine and three eggs.
Add one mashed overripe banana,  2 tsp. Vanilla, and 1 C brown sugar, 1 ½
tsp orange peel.  Mix well.

In separate bowl combine:  1C GF Flour blend, 1C Soya powder, 1C very finely
ground almonds, 3 C baby rice cereal, 1/4 C flaxseed meal,  ½ tsp salt, 1tsp
xantham gum, 2 tsp baking soda.

Mix together wet and dry ingredients.

Optional additions:
½  C shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened )
l C raisins or 1 ½ C chocolate chips.

(my kids say thumbs up to coconut and choc. Chips)

Spray cookie sheet with gf cooking spray.  Roll generous tbsp. of dough into
balls, then press down lightly onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 14 - 16 minutes.

Makes about 75 cookies (gone really fast).