From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 07:50:59 -0700

Thank you gracious people for continuing to respond to my request for help.
Consequently, here is another summary that hopefully has information that
will help others.

Some of the following will be copied directly from the emails that I
received.

Again, many people have been helped by rotating their foods; most people
don't eat the same food again for 4 days, a few go for one week, and 1
person rotates very 3 days.

I would recommend that you go on a preservative, additive and chemical free
(including naturally occuring chemicals in food, amine and salicylate) for a
month to cleanse your system.  Then slowly reintroduce one food at a time
back into your diet and wait for four days to see if you get a reaction -
could be anything - headache, rash, breathing problems etc.  This is a slow
process, but you will detox your system and identify the problem foods.  My
daughter and I went on the elimination diet for twelve months before slowly
reintroducing foods, and we can now pinpoint what upsets either of us.  I
have just developed an allergy to almonds which I was able to pinpoint.  It
also helps if you keep a food diary when you start to reintroduce a food so
you are not relying on your memory.

One person mentioned that after she eliminated her major offending
allergenic foods, that she was able to tolerate the minor allergens without
having serious reactions. She recommends the following 2 books:

Dr. Mandell's Five Day Allergy Relief System
by Marshall Mandell
HarperCollins; (February 1982)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0517283344/qid=1029946953/
sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/002-5176023-5077638?s=books&n=507846

Nontoxic, Natural and Earthwise: How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
from Harmful Products and Live in Harmony With the Earth
by Debra Lynn Dadd, Judy Collins (Introduction)
Paperback: 360 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 9.23 x 1.04 x 6.13
Publisher: J. P. Tarcher; ASIN: 0874775841; Revised edition (October
1990)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0874775841/qid=1029947636/
sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-5176023-5077638?s=books&n=507846

Nontoxic, Natural and Earthwise: How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
from Harmful Products and Live in Harmony With the Earth
by Debra Lynn Dadd, Judy Collins (Introduction)
Paperback: 360 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 9.23 x 1.04 x 6.13
Publisher: J. P. Tarcher; ASIN: 0874775841; Revised edition (October
1990)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0874775841/qid=1029947636/
sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-5176023-5077638?s=books&n=507846

A couple people mentioned enzymes: one person recommended Digestin put out
by Progressive labs

Another person suggests cooking mainly from scratch.

NAET, an allergy elimination technique has been recommended by a woman whose
life has changed due to help from this technique.  The post was quite long,
so if you want me to send you a copy, please ask. You can learn more about
NAET if you are interested, by reading the book written by Dr. Nambudripad
entitled "Say Goodbye To Illness" or you can do an internet search.

Probiotics are recommended and the following are web sites are recommended:
http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v284n11/ffull/jmn0920-1.html
http://www.naturalmedecine.org/italiano/cure_natur/distribuzione_flora.htm\
http://www.acudoc.com/Intestinal_Health.PDF

Please let me know if you want further info about making your own
probiotics--I can forward the email to you.

Good luck on your journeys to wellness.

Sue