Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:51:42 EDT

Hi, here are some responses I received about chocolate chip cookies.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

In the mixer bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, plus the baking soda.

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2-cup light olive oil or 1/2-cup butter softened.
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda

In another bowl mix well the dry ingredients: I usually mix the dry
ingredients first and put them aside in another bowl.

2 cup GF flour mix
1/2-cup sweet rice flour
2 tsp. xanthan or guar gum
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 -10 oz. package of chocolate chips

Heat oven to 300.  Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased
cookie sheet.  Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 300 degrees
                                                ********
I use the recipe on the Toll HOuse bag, with 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (basically
the rule is 1/4 tsp. per cup for cookies, 1/2 tsp. per cup for cakes, and 1
scant tsp. per cup for breads).   I add an extra egg white or egg for
moisture since the gf flours are drier than wheat flour.    I generally use
Bette's four flour blend for the flour.
                                                *******
These are thin & crispy/chewy.  Bev in Milwaukee

Ultimate GF Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Crisco Recipe/Lieven
Cream: 1/2 c. Butter-flavored Crisco
3/4 c. brown sugar     1/2 c. white sugar
Beat in: 1 egg PLUS 1 egg white
            2 tsp. vanilla
Add: Half of 1 3/4 c. oriental rice flour
      3/4 tsp. baking soda     1/2 tsp. salt
      1/2 tsp. xanthan or guar gum (opt.)
Beat to mix well.  Stir in remaining flour and 1 c. chocolate chips.  Drop by
onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375º for 8-10 min.  Don't overbake.
DON'T add extra egg yolk. Cool on brown paper bags. Makes ~3 dozen…Can be
doubled.
                                                            *********I always
make them without xanthan gum - they seem to get gummy with it and I hate the
taste.  I like crispy ones so do without.  Good luck.
                                                ***********
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
2 tsp gf vanilla
2 eggs
1 c sweet rice flour - 1 c rice flour - 1/4 c tapioca flour [or 2 1/4 c of
the four flour blend - will probably have a better texture]
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1-2 c chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add dry
ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips.

Bake for about 10 min at 350F, or until the edges are just starting to turn
golden brown. Do NOT overbake. Let sit for a few minutes on the cookie
sheet so they can set. I tend to bake a pan at a time and keep the rest of
the dough in the fridge, as these cookies dry out faster than the
traditional kind.