Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 22:21:39 -0600

Hi All~~

I've developed a condition called, "redundant colon," which is not rare,
but doesn't affect everyone. The colon stretches as one ages, and
frequently becomes twisted. Consequently, I must stay on a GF, low residue
(little or no fiber) diet. That doesn't mean no veggies, but they must be
cooked soft. Lentils and dried beans are out as they contain too much fiber.

I've been searching cookbooks and the internet for soups, but there are
really surprisingly few that meet my criteria. I can eat fish soups,
chicken, turkey, but beef is a bit difficult to digest (I do eat small
amounts - 2.5 oz max) - of lean steaks and soups/stews with veggies and
stew meat, cooked low and slow. I can also eat cooked tomatoes, zucchini,
green beans, sauteed/cooked spinach, yellow squash, red peppers, etc.
Mushrooms are out as I'm allergic to them.

Does anyone have favorite soups/stews/chili dishes they would be willing to
share? Per the listserv's recommendations, I'll be glad to summarize if
others are interested in boosting their store of soup recipes.

Thanks, so much!

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas