From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:32:01 EDT

Leiner Health Products is one of two manufacturers of dietary supplements
sold at Cosco.  I spoke to Jeannette at 800 421 1168, ext. 7016.  They are
the manufacturers of the Calcium tablets sold at Cosco.  Their products can
be determined by checking the lot # on the package.  If it states lot # and
is followed by a letter followed by 5 numbers, it is their product.  They
told me that they are very specific in their ingredient designation and if
any of our forbidden grains are included in any of their products, it will
state specifically, on the ingredient list as that product, i.e., wheat,
rather than modified food starch.

The calcium tablets are GF.  When I asked her why GF is not stated on the
packaging, she said it probably should be as they get a lot of calls.  She
suggested contacting Cosco to suggest that they have the manufacturer do
that, and they would comply.

Renee C.  Beverly Hills, Ca.