From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:14:28 -0400

Just wanted to share news for the big and little kids on a GF
diet............

While at the conference recently held in Maryland, we found that
Gluten-Free Pantry now carries a delicious GF ice-cream cone.  I have
been looking for an affordable cone for years and now have finally found
it.

Yesterday I carried 3 (wrapped in bubble wrap) to the mall.  After we
finished school shopping, we headed over to the Haagen Dazs counter and
had them fill our cones with their ice cream.  After the people at the
counter we assured that I didn't expect any discount for providing my
own cones, they were happy to oblige.  I was charged for a "cup"
serving.

The best part was watching my 9 year-old granddaughter eat her first
ice-cream cone and being able to enjoy it at the mall (like all the
other kids).  Guess I got a bigger kick out of that than eating my own
cone.  I also purchased regular cones for the two "gluten-eaters" and
laughed when the lady at the counter said she thought ours looked
better.  I guess I'll be carrying a box of them in my car trunk from now
on.

I've seen posts in the past looking for cones.......if you are
interested Cerrone Cones can be ordered from Gluten-Free Pantry (maybe
other places or health food stores as well)  800-291-8386 and are $3.99
for a box of 8.

Ingredients are:  tapioca flour, sugar, cornstarch, lecithin and salt.
Package states Gluten Free/Wheat Free.

Hope other celiacs enjoy them as much as we did.

Coralie in NY