From:
"D. Resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:58:55 -0400

Thank you to those listmates who have already tried answer my insurance
inquiry.  I'm sorry that I didn't give enough information.

I have narrowed my choices down to the following two plans.

CIGNA Flex Care HMO Plan (DPP)
This one does give you the option of going out of network BUT you MUST and
I mean this word is in bold and caps obtain a referral from the PCP.  Once
you have satisfied the out of network deductable, your expenses can be
reimbursed at 70%.

or

AETNA US/Healthcare - This is a definite HMO with no alternatives

Although the Cigna sounds better on the surface, I am concerned that it a
false sense of security because it is still so regulated.

I do have option of paying $150 a month out of my paycheck and taking Cigna
Indemnity PPO Plan.  They consider this to be tradition, although the words
REASONABLE AND CUSTOMARY medical expenses are reimbursed at 80% and those
words are also caps and bold which makes me think you could also get into a
lot of trouble with this plan!

All your input is greatly appreciated.  I'll summarize the results for
anyone interested.  In fact, if people want to just tell me their insurance
company and rate their experience with that company....I will compile some
sort of report.

I haven't given a rating system much thought so please be brief and use
your own judgement.

Deb