From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 1996 14:01:06 -0800

Today (Sunday) at 7pm Eastern and again Tuesday at 7pm Eastern, celiacs
will meet to talk in real time on the Internet's IRC chat channels. If
you've been on the IRC before, you simply need to sign onto an Efnet
server and /JOIN #celiac. We'll be there! (Our "bot" Frisket might also
be there, but he doesn't talk much.)

If you've never been on the IRC but have full Internet access, you can
download the Celiac List's IRC FAQ by sending email to:

subject line is unimportant, but in the body put:

  GET CELIAC IRCFAQ CELIAC

leaving out the usual signature block is helpful.

You can pull the same FAQ from my website, listed with my signature
below.

Joining in on chat is especially nice because you can talk at some
length about whatever is on your mind at the moment, from the
difficulties of making bread to dealing with the frustrations. We often
spend a bit of time discussing the way the List is handled, and it gives
you a good chance to really get to know some of your fellow subscribers
as individuals, and develop friendships with them. This is especially
helpful to those of us in isolated areas.

SPECIAL NOTE FOR AOL SUBSCRIBERS: Until recently I've been unable to
help those on AOL get up to speed on IRC chat, but I now have a copy of
AOL's help file. If you're on AOL and would like to join us but haven't
managed to get onto the IRC yet, please email me (not the list) and I'll
send you the AOL help file.

Hoping to see you there! (Look for NoWheatAl, that's me!)
--
Linda Blanchard
http://www2.basinlink.com/us/mindpla/main.htm  <==celiacs and sf