From:
Betty Lockwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:26:13 EDT

Well, further to my recent summary of your responses to my questions about
Noodles & Company, I just received the following information from the
company.  Needless to say, my celiac and I are absolutely delighted.  Here is
their reply:

Hello!

Thank you so much for your interest in Noodles & Company!  I am sorry to
report that at this time, none of our noodle dishes are gluten-free the way
they are normally made.  Even though our rice noodles are made from 100% rice
flour, sauces such as the  Vietnamese and Indonesian peanut do contain soy
sauce and therefore contain wheat gluten in small amounts. The good news is
that I have listed some alternatives.  Please note that with the Buttered
Noodles and Roma Tomato Marinara options, you will need to give our staff a
couple of cooking instructions.  These modifications will provide dishes that
are safe, yet delicious and interesting to you!

Pesto Cavatappi
· Order with rice noodles instead of cavatappi noodles.

Pad Thai Noodles
· Order as is.

Buttered Noodles
· Order with rice noodles and ask the staff to sauté the noodles with broth.

Roma Tomato Marinara
· Order with rice noodles and ask the staff to sauté the noodles with broth.

*Big Salad
· Order without croutons and ask for the cucumber marinade and olive oil.

*Caesar Salad
· Order without croutons and ask for the cucumber marinade and olive oil.

*Cucumber/Tomato Salad
· Order as is- contains the cucumber marinade.

* Note that all of our salad dressings do contain vinegar distilled from
grain except for our cucumber marinade, which contains rice vinegar, and
Mirin.

We hope that the information we have provided will be helpful to you and that
you will continue to be a loyal customer.  Having an allergy to something
like gluten must be very difficult because wheat is in almost everything,
especially restaurants dishes.  Please let me know if you have additional
questions.

Sincerely,

Kimberley A. Helouin
Culinary Production Manager