From:
David J Walland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:45:06 +0100

Dear Mary,

I just rang Mandy who confirms that you can indeed do
exactly what I have suggested.  ie Go into any Chemist and
order GF foods and flours - all you have to do is PAY for
them (ouch!).  Ordering is likely to take 2 or more days
and will be worse in small Chemists where they have no
experience of coeliacs, so make sure you have some GF
foods with you.

In Bristol, one of our local Sainsbury's stocks two
different types of GF pasta, and our regular Tesco's stocks
GF sliced bread (not a variety Karin uses - she likes
"Lifestyle's" high fibre bread, which is about the best we
know made commercially and is a "wholemeal" type).

Mandy asks for the name of whoever has signed the letters
you have received from Boots' Head Office, as she wants
this sorted out quickly.  She said that it was (in her
opinion) bad enough being a coeliac without someone sending
this sort of silly information out and making life more
difficult.

Regards

David

David J Walland
University of Bristol Radiation Protection Adviser
Tel +44 (0)117 928 8323
Fax +44 (0)117 929 1209