From:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:54:28 -0500

Great Gluten Escape Camp 2007!  It is that time of the
year again, unless you have never joined us.  If that is
the case, it is time to get started!

What: A celiac camp for children ages 7-15
When: June 17 - 22, 2007
Where: Camp Gilmont in Gilmer, Texas
Web Site:  www.dallasrock.org/gge.htm
Camp Fees: $350

CAMP MISSION
The Great Gluten Escape will provide each camper with an
opportunity to participate in all camp activities without
concern for the gluten content of the food provided. The
camp will provide an environment that encourages peer
support and escape from the daily peer pressure of the “I
can't have that” syndrome.

CAMP DETAILS
This 6 day/5 night summer resident camp has been designed
for youth ages 7-15 with dietary restrictions related to
Celiac Disease, Dermatitis Herpetiformis, and/or Gluten
Sensitivity/Intolerance. This is the camp where you can
escape from the gluten loaded world we live in. For one
week you will no longer have to worry about gluten!  Camp
Gilmont located in Gilmer, Texas approximately 2 hours
east of Dallas , Texas . The camp comes with all the
normal camp events and activities.  Each camper will
experience all of the excitement of a summer resident
camp, including S'mores by the campfire!  We welcome
siblings whom are also of the age 7 to 15 that are not
diagnosed with Celiac Disease, DH, or Gluten Intolerance,
however, only gluten free food will be served during camp.
We regret we will not be able to accommodate campers
experiencing the physical challenges associated with Down
Syndrome and/or Autism.

CAMP NURSE
We will have a camp RN (celiac knowledgeable) on facility
during the entire week, and all foods and medications will
be gluten-free. Other dietary restrictions that can be
accommodated are casein and dairy intolerance.  All other
dietary restrictions should be discussed with the Camp
Nurse, Cheryl Gainer, RN at 214-274-6094, or
[log in to unmask] BEFORE registering for camp.

REGISTRATION
Registration may be completed on the Registration Page
from link to your left. To reserve your spot, complete the
registration form and make the $100 non-refundable deposit
by May 1, 2007. After May 1, full camp fee is required for
registration. Make checks payable to Great Gluten Escape
Camp, Inc. Campers will be registered on a first-come
first–served basis. It is our policy to return all
registrations that are not complete, that do not have the
complete deposit, or that have contingencies. There will
be NO refund of deposits. For more information please
contact the camp registrar via email or 972-359-1955. Camp
fee (minus deposit) will be refunded if written
cancellation is received by May 17, 2007.   NOTE: There
will be a $50 late fee for registrations received after
May 1, 2007.

Kelly LeMonds, Camp Director
Great Gluten Escape Camp, Inc
www.dallasrock.org/gge.htm