From:
sam mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sam mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:27:23 -0500

Hey... I e-mailed this company Martin Brothers regarding their GF status.  I got a response in minutes from posting, plus information the following morning that was a follow up.  I am impressed!  Yeah to the small companies with a conscience!   And their ranch dressing is awesome!

Sam Mitchell

Ms. Mitchell,

I posed your question to Lauri Raymond, the president of the company.  She says that the only ingredient which could possibly have gluten is the shoyu.  Our Martin Brothers Light Ranch Dressing does not contain any shoyu, so it is gluten free.

I will be sending an inquiry to Ajinomoto U.S.A., Inc., the company which supplies our shoyu and will be asking them if the shoyu contains gluten.  I will advise you of their response.

In the mean time, the following is a list of our other products that do not contain shoyu:

        Rancho-Grande SASS
        Martin Brothers Roasted Garlic Ranch
        Martin Brothers Creamy Miso
        Martin Brothers Olive Dijon
        Martin Brothers Pecan-Smoked Sun-Dried Tomato Ranch
        Martin Brothers Classic Caesar
        Martin Brothers Balsamic Vinaigrette
        Martin Brothers Bleu Cheese

Thank you for your inquiry and I will get back to you about the shoyu question as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

tom parker

(for Lauri Raymond, President)
--

Tom Parker, Office Manager

Ms. Mitchell,

Following up on my email of yesterday.  I spoke with our source for
shoyu and was informed that the shoyu we buy is not gluten-free.
Therefore, the only dressings which we can confirm as being
gluten-free are the ones I listed.