From:
CJLydick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:25:47 -0500

I just read a post from someone about olive oil which sent us to a site that
tells us about the problems of the olive oil industry.  They say that most
olive oils are mixed with other nut, grain and seed oils and they do not
tell us about it.
The foremost question about the article is the fact that they appear to
claim there is only one brand of olive oil that they would recommend and
surprisingly, they SELL IT.  Whenever I see an article and the people are
selling something, I tend to believe that the information might be twisted
to satisfy an economic agenda.
I did a little research and found that the New York Times had an article
about olive oil fraud that had to do with using olives from other countries
and labeling them as Italian and over refining the oils to make them taste
bad.  I did not find information about mixing them with other oils.  I
suppose they could even use wheat germ oil if they did this.  If this occurs
I would be very upset, because nuts and seeds can cause anaphylactic shock
in so many people and I am intolerant of soybean oil and products and of
course gluten.  Did anyone else find anything on this?

Carol in NJ