From:
Megan Garbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan Garbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:31:36 +0000

I'm wondering if anyone has information regarding the "enriching process".
I'm curious as to what form the vitamins and minerals are in and how they
are incorporated into the grain.

I cant imagine this process would pose a threat to celiacs but I've had
recurring, abnormal symptoms the past few days and the only dietary change
I've made is the inclusion of S&W enriched long-grain white rice (as opposed
to uninriched Asian rice). Please note that I do not use any commercial
foods and apart from this rice have eaten only fish, chicken, vegetables and
olive oil in recent days. I should add that I'm also allergic to soy, dairy,
legumes, nuts and eggs any of which, in minute quantity, could be the source
of this problem.

Any thoughts, experience or knowledge in this area?

Megan