From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 22:11:44 -0600

Hi folks!

I've received a number of replies so far that definitely recommend El
Peto products as being very tasty and GF.  It was stated several times
that they produce strictly GF products, however, one post did mention
they use some canola oil and millet.  I know canola oil does not
specifically contain gluten, though it may cause a bit of a problem to
certain individuals.

As far as the millet goes, I couldn't remember on this one, so I looked
it up in my brochure I received when I had my consultation with my
"celiac" dietitian.  It does not list millet as an allowed grain,
rather, says it is to be avoided.  I understand standards vary from
country to country, and this is probably the case here.  Still, I am a
little unsure now on what to do, and that is likely a choice I will have
to make.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Lisa