From:
Beth Broom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 08:49:51 -0500

I just wanted to put my tiny 2 cents in here. I am the mom of Identical twin
boys. They are 20 months old and have been gluten free for 8 months. Their
older brother was diagnosed with CD by biopsy in August of last year.

        The twins have taken tons of medicine for reflux and have changed
milk over and over again. They had a terrible rash that covered their
bodies. Though they looked healthy they had diarrhea daily. We blood tested
them both before we started the diet. The only results that came back
positive was the IgG. It was very high.

    Now they have no diarrhea, take no meds for reflux and have no rashes.
Their IgG has come down also. I don't understand the studies that show only
70% of ID twins both have CD. If they are Identical, they both should have
it. I also do not agree with the studies that show CD only occurs in 5 to
15% of the offspring and siblings of the celiac.

     I have 7 children. They all have CD. My mother has it, her sister has
it. My husband has it and we believe several members of his family has it
also. I think the studies are wrong.

    The next time you're at a family gathering, take notice of how many of
your relatives say they have stomach aches because they ate too much cake.
It's real interesting.

~Beth ( mom of 7 celiacs)