From:
Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 17:52:27 -0500

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Kemp Randolph wrote:

> Arrowhead Mills knows and cares about gluten sensitivity. WHen I called
> some time ago and started asking about cross contamination, the consumer
> affairs person transferred me to the lab, who immediately passed me on to
> the president!
>
> Arrowhead separates out GF and non GF runs on the line. The line is
> vacuumed inbetween.

I would like to add that when I phoned Arrowhead Mills, the consumer
affairs person (who knew her stuff and did not transfer me to anyone)
said that they thoroughly clean between runs (of different grains)
and that they discard the first 30 to 40 pounds of each new run.  How's
that for clean?  I was pretty impressed!

Jane (in VA)