From:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:32:09 -0600

I know I am opening myself up to hostile remarks from a particular group of
people on this list-serv, but, here it goes...

I would like those people who say they will never eat any product that
states "manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat..." - Do you
still eat out? Do you know where everything that passes your lips has come
from? Who has touched it? Where and how it was grown? How it was processed?

Personally I think there is more risk in eating out (or for that matter, at
a relative or friends house) than in eating a manufactured product that has
a "cover-your-@$$" statement on their package. Yes, this statement is
provided as a tool for people to use to determine whether or not they are
willing to eat it - and I am glad we have this right to decide for ourselves
- but in this litigious society, it is probably placed on any item that has
even the slightest possibility of being contaminated. Do they do that at
restaurants?

No offense, but I am not really interested in hearing from all the folks who
disagree with me - I just want to throw it out there as an item for everyone
to think about... especially the new folks who are only getting one
perspective.

And yes, I agree, zero gluten is the goal, but in today's world, unless you
live under a rock and grow and produce your own food - zero is impossible.
But it is a worthy goal. You choose your risk. And I will choose mine. Just
think about it...