Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:55:35 EDT

I am confident there is a direct link to the bodies malabsorbtion and the
immune systems inability to fight colds and such.  Our 2 yr old is the celiac
and last winter (before diagnosis) was terrible.  He always was getting a
cold/flu/anything from who knows where.  We kept him out of the nursery at
church to keep him well and he still ended up sick more than anyone else we
know.  His ear infection took a second or third kind of antibiotic before it
finally cleared up.  Funny thing too was we could tell that there was
something about the one antibiotic that they gave him that "didn't agree with
his digestion".  Only months after the fact we realize they must have had
gluten in them.

Tim Meadows   [log in to unmask]
Warsaw, IN