From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 18:33:57 -0400

A recent poster was inquiring what we thought about an oat product in a
certain brand of baby wipes.  From the things that I have read about CD, it's
best to avoid putting things on your skin that involve the no-nos, like
wheat, oats, etc., as well as eating them.  That is why people sometimes have
reactions to certain cosmetics, etc.  If I were the poster, I would try a
different product.  I don't have a baby, but I use Pampers Baby Fresh
Unscented Baby Wipes myself, the reason I won't go into.  I am not sure that
all of these ingredients are GF, but I wouldn't use anything with oats in it.
Here is the list of ingredients in the Pampers wipes:  water, propylene
glycol; PEG-75 Lanolin; Cocoa myhodiacete; polysorbate 20; methylparaben;
propylparaben; 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol;Pentadecalactone.  Yikes,
scarey list, isn't it?  Makes you want to think about plain soap and water.
I have had no reaction from these.  I thought that I would post to the list,
as there are probably a lot of you out there using baby wipes, too.  Take
care,
Karen from Central NY, USA