Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:33:27 -0400

   A few others had written about their seasonal allergies since the last summary. They all said that they had gotten better since going GF. I would love to post some of the responses  but in the interest of space, I'll just post the recommendations for allergy treatments that have worked for them.

     Some had asked about a connection about asthma and CD.I don't feel comfortable summarizing any replies since 1)There were only a couple and 2) I already get flustered enough summarizing about one subject. Maybe someone else could ask the list about a connection between CD and Asthma?

     These are the treatment options mentioned, all with good success in each individual......

     Quercetin. This was mentioned as a control supplement for asthmatic drugs as well. Apparently pharmaceutical drugs were tested against it to see if they worked better or worse.

     Quercetin with
vitamin C, 2-500 mg capsules a day, along with a multi and other
anti-oxidants.

     "MSM (a sulfur product-methyl sulfonyl
methane) to combat allergies?  It apparently works great as long as you can
digest it properly.  I don't, so I use baths with Epsom salts, which is
magnesium sulfate (also a sulfur product), and it also works."

     Yeast overgrowth was cited as a cause of allergies and many other conditions. This seems to be a big problem for Celiacs anyway, which could contribute to seasonal allergies.

     Cutting out milk was also mentioned a couple of times again as a big help in controlling seasonal allergies. I have to admit, I cut out dairy for awhile last year and it did help.

     Metagenics Pirimine with perilla seed extract was also recommended by my chiroprator. I haven't tried it yet. If it helps,I will post the results.

     Thank you all on the list. You are so helpful.

     Monica,KY