From:
"Vicki E. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki E. Jones
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:25:56 -0500

Dear Listmates -
I have no financial interest in this place.
I am in the far South Suburbs of Chicago.

I decided to eat lunch out, since today is my birthday
(yes! Income Tax Day is my birthday!).
I wanted something different.

There is a very tiny Jamaican restaurant in a little
strip mall, in Chicago Heights, 1/2 block from Prairie
State College. I went in a noon, and asked what I could
get that had no flour in it, on it, or in contact with it.

I would guess the lady I was asking was the owner.
It is a very, very small place. She suggested stewed chicken
with plain white rice and cabbage/sweet red pepper strips.
I ordered to take out.

When I got home, I discovered that she had neglected to
tell me that it is very, very spicy - even though there is no
flour. Just water and spices were in it and on it. I had no
reaction, and I am very sensitive, and it was very, very good.
The portions were generous. Chicken wings, stewed in spices,
with spicy white rice and spicy cabbage/sweet red peppers.

For dessert, I had purchased a Coconut Drop - like a large praline
with just browned sugar and chunks of real coconut. I could only eat
part of it. A rich, sugary dessert - but excellent.

While I may not have many choices at the restaurant, since most dishes
are made with flour, at least it is a place to have something different
once in awhile - and I was very happy with what I ordered.

Vicki in Illinois