From:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:14:36 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry this is late.  After the wave of responses, I entered into dialogue with some people and learned quite a lot about a topic that I never thought existed until a few months ago.  Here was my initial question:

    "I'm wondering if anyone has used EnteroLab at the recommendation of
     their MD, or is EnteroLab only recognized by alternative health care  practitioners."

I received 14 responses.  Ten replied that they knew an MD who referred patients to EnteroLab (either their own MD or someone else's).    Three said their MD did not recommend EnteroLab.  One person wrote that the NIH did not recommend alternative testing for CD.

The reason noted for MDs not approving of EnteroLab is that there hasn't been sufficient research of Dr. Fine's method.  The biggest reason for MDs recommending EnteroLab is living proof.  They have had patients who tested negative for CD by serologic tests, who then tested positive through EnteroLab and subsequently felt better on a GF diet.  A couple of MDs felt it was cutting-edge research.

One person mentioned that Dr. Fine's research paper on fecal testing for GI and CD will be out by the end of this year.

Another person mentioned a high sedimentation rate is seen among undiagnosed celiacs.  That was an eye-opener for me as about 3 years ago, in the midst of peripheral neuropathy and IBS, I also had a high sed rate, and none of the MDs knew what to make of it.   Now, under the care of the Naturopath who diagnosed me (bless her heart), I am PN-free, IBS-free and most definately, gluten-free.

Regards and thanks to all,
Marian
Portland, OR