From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:21:38 -0700

Dear Listmates,
        I hate to post bad news about a product, but I believe that the most
recent containers of Lawry's season salt are contaminated with gluten.
        When I first went GF 18 months ago, I found LAWRY'S SEASONED SALT,
ORIGINAL on several GF lists so I decided to give it a try.  I had no
trouble with it for the first year.  But, in June of this year I bought
another container of it and have noticed that I get some pretty bad belly
aches after eating chicken seasoned with Lawry's.  But, because I've used
it for so long, I assumed it was something else in the meal -- too greasy
or I overate, etc. --  with me it's always something!  I continued to use
it two or three times a week on chicken & fish.  Throughout the last few
months Ive been revisited by a lot of the old symptoms I had before going
GF -- fatigue, sinusitis, vaginitis, gingivitis.  The fatigue was so bad,
I had to cut down on my work schedule from full time to part time, but I
had also had a bout with anemia so believed that to be the cause.  It's
been a week now since my last ingestion of Lawry's & I'm already feeling
better than I have for several months.
        When I mentioned this to my girlfriend, she said she noticed that the
color of her last container of Lawry's season salt is a different color
than it used to be.  She said it used to be bright red whereas it's now
much lighter in color, almost pinkish beige.  It appears they've changed
their recipe without changing their labeling.
        I'm not totally certain that Lawry's it the total cause, but it's
definitely the leading suspect.  But, I"m not brave enough to give it
another chance to make me sick again.  Have any of you had similar
experience with Lawry's season salt, origianal?
        ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.