From:
James Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:34:56 EDT

Recently, David J Walland <[log in to unmask]> posted something
for all UK subscribers.  Although we truly appreciate David's efforts
here, there apparently was a miscommunication which needs to be
corrected.  David said:

>I have agreed with Jim Lyles to act as a contact point for
>the UK.  This will mean that anyone with a message
>especially for UK listers can e-mail me and I can forward
>it appropriately.  This requires of you the following :-
>
>Your name and E-mail address sent to me at my address below,
>
>Changes in E-mail address to be sent to me so that I don't
>get millions of failure printouts
>
>You have to write to me as well to get right off the list.

We only had in mind for David to agree to be contacted privately by
anyone who wants specific information about being a Coeliac in the UK
(might as well spell it right for our UK members!)  We did NOT mean to
start a sub-list for UK members.

The listowners already have a list of subscribers by country, so it is
not necessary to send any emails to David on this score.  No changes in
email address need to be sent to David, nor requests to remove yourself
from the list.  These should all be handled as specified in the welcome
message, or via private email to one of the listowners.

>I will start a new group called UK Coeliac in which I will store only
>your name and e-mail address.

David indicated that one day the UK Coeliac Society may elect to start
their own internet discussion group.  If they do we of course would be
happy to coordinate our List with theirs, by providing UK subscriber
addresses and sharing files, posts, etc.  The listowners suggest that
unless and until such an event occurs, we all continue with the status
quo.

For the listowners,

--
-- Jim Lyles ................... Home: [log in to unmask]
-- Holly, Michigan, USA ........ Work: [log in to unmask]