From:
Randy and Susan Haluza-DeLay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:42:49 -0500

The more I find out about what foods to avoid, I am faced with the
question, "How is it known to contain gluten?" Is there testing going on
to find gluten molecules in things like malt vinegar, deep frying oils
in restaurants, grain alcohols, etc.? Is it proven that foods are
contaminated by deep frying in oil that breaded products are? Is gluten
found chemically in vinegars?  Are there ways to test foods and does
anyone do this kind of testing for the celiac societies? Because there
are varying opinions on what is gf, I am wondering how is it tested and
where does this info originate from?     Thanks. I will summarize.

Susan HD
Thunder Bay Ontario