From:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 10:29:14 -0400

Decongestant:There have been a lot of requests for suggestions about
sinus congestion. So I send this to the list, because I think it is
helpful.

I get allergy shots for rhinitis, so usually am OK, but am at present
suffering from a cold with severe sinusitis.

I am afraid to take medications, as "everything" seems to make me sick.
But, desperate in the middle of the night I took a Sudafed Maximum
Strength Sinus tablet purchased before becoming GF  (it recommends 2
tablets--that  would be like swallowing dynamite).  No ill effect, only
the desired effect. Tremendous relief.  Hope this helps fellow
sufferers.

(Inactive Ingredients:  Carnauba wax, Crospovidone, FD&C Yellow No. 6
Aluminum Lake, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate,
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80,
Povidone, Pregelatinized Corn Starch, Stearic Acid, and Titanium
Dioxide.)

Mouthwash: A little adventure with Love Stores in Manhattan and Tom's of
Maine Mouthwash, a GF brand.  The price shot up from $3.99 to $4.99
about 6 months ago. I protested; compared with another major chain. Was
sold one bottle at the lower price--Love Stores are all over  my part of
town. Compared prices in other Love stores, all were the higher price.
Wrote to Tom's. Got a nice letter back. The store manager had meanwhile
checked with the distributor who had somehow labeled the bottles wrong
so they were all scanning at $4.99.  In my local store the price is now
correct. But I found in another neighborhood the old  higher price. I
pointed out the error and got it at the fair price.

Do not pay more than a fair price for anything.  It makes you feel even
more put upon than you already feel for needing special goods.

Nancy in nyc
I am in no way connected with the manufacturer or distributors of these
products.