From:
shinma 1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:55:54 PST

Several people on the list have recommended Penzey's as a good place to find
gf spices.  http://www.penzeys.com/

In addition, I received the following email from Spice Islands:

---------------------------------------
Straight spices and herbs, such as Basil Leaf and Ground Oregano are
inherently gluten free.  In following recomendations of the Food
Allergy Network, Tone Brothers Inc., does not provide a gluten free
product list.  Such lists become inaccurate very quickly due to
constantly changing nature of food manufacturing.  Our labels
represent the most current information available.

Concerning your question of anti-caking agents, if an anti-caking
agent is used, it is listed on the ingredient statement.  This is
mandated by Federal Law.

If you have questions on particular spice blends (more than just a
spice or herb), please feel free to call our SpiceAdvice line at
800-247-5251 during the hours of 9am - 4pm CST., Monday through
Friday.

Mary
Consumer Affairs

angie (los angeles)