From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:33:09 -0400

 I made this for company yesterday. Non-gf friends not only raved about it, they took a third of the cake home with them! And they knew it was gf! And it tasted even better today. I used to make this cake for holidays every year, when I was not gf using regular wheat flour.

This is the first time I ever used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, which already contains xanthan gum. You can use whatever gf equivalent you like, but be sure to add the gum if yours does not include it. (I like 1 tsp or less, per cup of flour.) I like the fact that Namaste can be used cup for cup equal to wheat flour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a ten inch tube pan that is not greased. Make one 8oz cup of strong coffee and let cool.

Mix well
4 lg eggs
1 and third cup sugar
One lb honey

Add 3 / 8 cup oil. Blend well.

Sift or mix well
3 and a third cup flour (add 2 or 3 tsps xanthan gum, only if your flour mix does not have it in it!)
1 and one third tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Add juice of one lemon (plus optional 2-3 tablespoons of khalua) to coffee and poor alternately with flour mixture into the eggs. Mix well. (Will be thinner than chocolate cake batter.) Toss in one cup or more chopped nuts and/or raisins.... Stir.

Pour into baking pan. Bake for approx one hr. invert immediately to cool. Pry cake out carefully, with spatula.

Sent from my iPad