From:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:23:31 -0500

Hi all.I was recently at our celiac support groups vender fair.Red Star
Yeast had a booth with breads made with their yeast and gluten free flour
mixes.That day I tasted their mock rye bread and I was bowled over .Not
since I had real Rye bread had I tasted such a wonderful
loaf.Unfortunately I could not reproduce it at home.They had given out a
pamphlet with that recipe and several others.The reason I am writting you
all is the bread they called "favorite white bread".I made it and it was
amazing.Soft ,good crumb and awesome taste.My wife came home and
imediately said how good the house smelled.Unbelievable ,it was dead on
bread taste.So I thaught I had to share it.My flour mix is 1 part brown
rice flour,1 part white rice flour,1 part potato starch and 1/2 part
tapioca starch.I
usualy make 3 1/2 pounds at a time and store it as I
would have stored all purpose flour.So here's the recipe
      DRY INGREDIENTS
3 cups GF flour mix,1/3 cup cornstarch,1 tablspoon xanthum gum,3
tablespoons sugar,1 1/2 teaspoons salt,2 1/4 teaspoon red star yeast
      WET INGREDIENTS
3 large eggs,1 teaspoon cider vinegar,1/4 cup veg. oil,1 1/2 cup milk
combine dry ingredients and blend well.Combine wet ingredients in a
seperate bowl and blend well.Combine wet and dry ingredients in a mixer
and mix with a paddle for 10 minutes.pour into two greased loaf pans and
bake at 375 until browned .I fooled with the origional recipe a little but
this is what I did and it turned out realy well.Hope you guys have luck
with this.I don't have a bread machine so I don't know how this recipe
would react in one but red star has a number on the pamphlet(1-800-423-
5422).I have no relation or financial ties to r
ed star.Jeff in balto