From:
Deni Hansen-Gray Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 02:59:59 -0600

This is an unsolicited testimonial for MR. RITTS Bakery.
http://mrrittsbakery.homepage.com/

A little background: My wife deni is a profound reactor to gluten.  Trace
amounts in food or medication trigger anaphylactic shock and convulsions.
We have two refrigerators, two ovens, two pantries, two sets of dishes and
cookware.  I have gone nose to nose with E.R. Docs at 2 AM in order to
prevent the administration of meds that would have killed her.  About eight
years ago she had lost 70 pounds and was near death due to her gluten
sensitivity.

So when we heard about a GF Bakery that shipped nationwide, it sounded too
good to be true.  We called them and after a long talk with one of the
owners sensed that they really "got it" and that it might actually be the
real deal.  After much discussion, deni and I decided to order the
Sachertorte for her birthday.  I ordered on Tuesday and it was at my door
Thursday.  So far, so good.

We have a very short list of foods that we know to be safe for her.  When
we introduce a new food into our house it is only after extensive research,
and even then we have the epi-pen on the table and are ready for a run to
the ER.

deni took a nibble.  We waited. She took another.  She grinned

Let me tell ya boys and girls - they got it right.  On a scale of 1 to 10,
the torte rates at about fourteen!!  This is absolutely the best chocolate
desert we have ever had.  Period.  No exceptions.  No contest.  GF or not!
It's so good you should not be able to buy it without a prescription!! This
is the desert to die for (as opposed to die from.)

We followed up by ordering two cheesecakes.  Blueberry and Pumpking.  We
served them at Thanksgiving dinner and everyone raved over them.  On an
ABSOLUTE scale this stuff is as good as it gets.

deni says that this was the first time in nearly ten years that she did not
feel deprived at a holiday dinner.

To the folks at Mr. Ritts Bakery, THANK YOU

To the Celiac list, we have absolutely no connection with MR RITT'S BAKERY
other than being ecstatically happy customers. We have NOT yet tried any of
the other baked goods and thus can comment only on the sachertorte and the
two cheesecakes.

Contact Information:

MR RITT'S BAKERY
709 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Phone: 215-627-3034, or 1-877-677-4887
Fax 215-627-5340  Email-  [log in to unmask]
http://mrrittsbakery.homepage.com/

Steve Weber

I want to know how God created the world.

I am not interested in this or that phenomenon,
in the spectrum of this or that element.

I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

  --Albert Einstein--