Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:21:19 -0400

Had my first bad experience with a restaurant--THE GREAT AMERICAN HEALTH
BAR--  I orders a garden salad and found several croutons (not listed as
ingredient in the menu).  The attitude of the manager was that the
croutons were in a bowl above and why not just eat around it.  This is
after my expplaining exactly what celiac is and what happens.

He finally told he me would replace my salad and I refused--how can  you
trust a place with flying croutons?  He still wanted me to pay for the
meal.  I walked out.

So, be warned!  However, one good thing did happedn--even though I did
ingest gluten, since I've been taking the L-Glutamine & "yogurt" pills
to heal the leaky gut, I did not get a horrible reaction.  Of cource. I
immediately took the homeiopathy remedy for gluten attacks, so all in
all, I didn't have too much trouble.

Ann