From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:19:57 -0400

Dear listmates,

I am desperate and really need your collective help. I am still
experiencing symptoms, even though I am pretty sure that I am GF. I wrote a
few weeks ago about this problem and have tried most of your suggestions
re: eliminating other foods from my diet. I have eliminated corn, dairy,
and soy and still I have symptoms (mostly gas/bloating, floating stools and
frequent bowel movements that don't feel complete. The diarrhia, thankfully
has stopped). I feel like I can't eat anything. I even stopped eating the
supposed GF flours just in case they aren't really GF. The strange thing
about all of this is that I went GF briefly way back in March (prior to my
biopsy) and I didn't have this problem, my symptoms practically disappeared
then. However, since going GF again after my biopsy, I was O.K. for about 1
week maybe and then these symptoms started to appear. In addition, I have
also suffered from GERD and heartburn since the biopsy. I have had GERD
once before for a time after a severe gastro. flu, but have never (even
when I was not GF) had trouble with heartburn. I do eat alot of fruits and
veggies and mostly brown rice or brown rice cereals for my grains. I have
tried to increase my protein intake slightly (poultry, fish and pureed
legumes). Does anyone have any advice on what I may be doing wrong?
Does anyone have any suggestions for remedies that would help my gut heal
faster or books about such things? Thanks for all your help and support.
joan
Ardmore, PA