From:
Leif Thorvaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leif Thorvaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:27:28 -0700

Here are the responses that I received.  Apparently, for me anyway, the
culprit was the yeast.  Thanks all for responding!

I didn't have a problem and loved it

You may be having a problem with yeast.  You may want to try a bread with
little or no yeast.

My mother tried it and had a lot of problems from eating it. I don't know
what would cause the indigestion, but it's not one I would choose to buy.

Me too.  I don't remember what they put in it that I thought was the
problem--do they use cellulose, or methylcellulose, or something?  Guar gum
gives me trouble also.  I bought a loaf several months back and enjoyed the
flavor; too bad about the side effects.  Joan

Yes, just yesterday I had two slices for the first
time and had a similar experience.  I checked the
label this morning to see if it had garfava flour,
which gives me similar problems, but that's not in it.
 I wonder if I am reacting to the montina flour.  I
don't remember eating foods with that in it before. It
was interesting to read your note.

I have tried their sampls of ten kinds of bread, of which I believe two were
brown bread, and enjoyed both of them.   No after effects.

Leif