From:
Colleen Thorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:42:59 -0500

I have seen many posts on GF medication lists.  I just wanted to pass on a
good place to start.  My pharmacy (a large drug store chain) has me listed as
celiac in their computer.  They have a warning system just like they have for
the harmful drug interactions.  If I am prescribed something containing
gluten, it gives them a warning.  Celiac was already in their computer and
apparantly the reliability of this system is pretty good.  They also have most
over-the-counter medications in the system and can pull them up to see if they
are safe for me.  My pharmacist informed me that many drug store chains have
similar systems.  Even if one does not feel comfortable relying on such a
system, it is a good back up.

Colleen